|best-buy outlet clothes Air accidents TW & Chn McDonalds Night Markets (chi) Human Rights Seasand house home|
◎ Taiwan's law ( since 2011-11-8 ) gives penalty to web-sites intro. restaurants for money ! This page is unbiased, non-profit!
◎ Poisonous black-heart food/cuisine in Taiwan for 20-30 years already ... (Sept. 2013)
Chinese keywords "5 star buffet" or "buffet in 5 star hotel ", ranking No.1 on google, test at Jan. 23, 2013 and Jan. 24, 2013
No.1 on google (Chinese keyword: "5 star hotel buffet "), Mar. 8, 2012, July 23, 2011
Most expensive food in "all you can eat" buffet restaurants: raw oysters & raw fishes, steak, top brand ice-cream
Grand Hyatt Taipei (君悅)
Shangri La's Far Eastern(遠東)
sashimi raw fishes (sliced),
|serves raw oysters (with
sashimi raw fishes: Tilapia(鯛魚)、salmon(鲑)
sea-food bar : sea scallop(clam)、crabs、shrimps、mussel 、s sized octopus and seafood salads, etc.
serves raw oysters (with shell).
ps: out of service since Sept./Oct. 2013 till ?
4 kinds sashimi raw fishes: salmon, tuna, tilapia(or porgy's fish), sailfish(旗魚)。
sea-food bar : 7 kinds including oysters, sunny crabs, white shrimps, mussels, shellfish, sand crabs(沙蟹)、squid etc and other side/cold dishes like smoked eels etc.
|serves raw oysters (with
cocktail/salad : king crabs and lobsters (in small plates/dishes).
4 kinds of sashimi raw fishes: salmon, sailfish(旗魚)、squid (small octopus)章魚etc.
|No raw oysters.
3 kinds of sashimi raw fishes: : 紅坩、salmon、sailfish(旗魚)。
seafood bar has 3 kinds - M sized shrimps, S snails, etc.
roast beef & BBQ meats
|about 7 kinds,
major : roast beef, whole chicken,
others are TurtleDove, marinated lamb chops, grilled fishes, etc
|2 kinds : US roast beef, assorted sausage (Chinese name : Germany sausage)。||2-3 kinds: roast T-bone beef, rib、 whole chicken.||1 kind: roast beef.|
top brand ice cream
|Movenpick ice cream : 5 flavours ice cream, 2 flavor sorbet: Raspberry, mango.||Haagen-Dazs ice cream : 8 kinds.||hand-made Italia ice cream.||Movenpick ice cream: 6 kinds (2 kinds of sorbets).|
|test date||Jan. 28, 2013||Jan. 31, 2013||Jan. 30, 2013||Jan. 22, 2013|
|details pls see below :|
|Shangri La's Far eastern plaza hotel , Taipei|
US president Bill Clinton stayed here (also known as "Far eastern plaza Hotel" ) when he visited Taiwan.
Buffet hall <Cafe at Far Eastern> is located in the 6th floor, offering diversified food (Chinese, India, and Western style) and desserts.
Oct. 4, 2013, lunch
Sept. 23, 2013, lunch
June 20, 2013, lunch
Jan. 23, 2013, lunch
Dec. 7, 2012, lunch
Sept. 24, 2012, lunch
March 29, 2012, lunch
March 2, 2012, lunch
Dec. 12, 2011, lunch
Nov. 21, 2011, lunch
Oct. 12, 2011,
Oct. 19, 2011, lunch
Sept. 19 & 29,
July 29, 2011 lunch
June 10, 2011 lunch
May 6, 2011 lunch
Mar. 6, 2011
rec. on file :
In late 2005, Raw oysters are just displayed (not attached to shell) on the shell (look like fresh live shell oysters ) .
Sept. 2006: I randomly took 2 raw oysters, they are live & shell attached, smell all right; roast beef/steak not very best class, but better than Sherwood's.
Oct. 2007: some raw oysters are placed (not attached to) on the shells.
Jan-Mar., 2008, I had some afternoon-buffets offering some hot, lunch dishes .
June 29, 2009 : no raw shell oysters , they provide cooked
field snails and clams instead, and dark-red color raw
tuna (but it's not Taiwan's best "Black tuna" ).
July 7, 2009 lunch : no field snail, no raw oysters, no roast ribs,
tiny broken shell-pieces in clams, well-done roast beef. America
Gourmet Classic regional favorites from July 1 to 19.
July 15, 2009 lunch : no broken shell pieces in clams, roast beef fine.
May 24, 2010 lunch : Sunday buffet is better than weekday's, price is higher too.
field snail, raw fish sashimi, steam oyster (no raw shell oyster), BBQ steak and rib (a little skinny).
July 14, 2010 lunch : No ribs, oysters and field snails. Seafood bar only offers sashimi (2 types - salmon and sailfish/swordfish/blue marlin), S sized clams, XS octopus, fish intestines, shrimps. Sashimi cut and served slowly, service not very well.
steak OK, some Chinese-style roast duck not juicy - hard to swallow for me.
Dec. 27, 2010 lunch
|5 star sashimi||ps: medical
◎ all media (Nov. 3, 2013): Having deep-sea large fishes - better 2 times per month.
◎ TVBS (8:25am, 11.14.2011)
― expert M.D. suggests :
15 pieces of Salmon ;
to avoid having too much pollution materials ― Methyl Mercury (Chinese Chemical name : 甲基汞),
since larger fishes eat all smaller sized fishes in the sea. Black Tuna usually are worse than the sharks.
◎ TV news reported (May 12, 2011東森財經台,
channel 57), medical studies showed : steak 3/10 done is less likely to
cause cancer, half done till 7/10 done may increase 20% probability
◎<Apple Daily News> Taiwan, Mar. 16, 2012
◎ <United Daily News> Taiwan reported Taiwanese love all you can eat buffet, this kind of restaurants are eveywhere.
◎ <Apple Daily>, Jan.
◎ <Apple Daily>, Jan. 31, 2013: MD 祝年豐 advices Taiwanese people better not choose all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant to avoid having Metabo Syndrome, int'l and local studies found if both parents are fat (Metabo), the probability that their children is/are fat is 4.6 times than normal cases.
◎5 star restaurants suppose do better clean work than ordinary restaurants do.
◎ 'poisonous' materials /ingredients were found in many restaurants, night markets in Taiwan... click for details
|Le Meridien, Taipei (寒舍艾美酒店)|
★ Nov. 22, 2013, lunch
(1) serves King crab's feet upon request ―
not many customers on the
★ Oct. , 2013, lunch
(1) serves King crab's feet, "early birds" won't on
the line probably. (In Oct., customers are crowded in this restaurant )
|Hyatt Taipei , Taiwan t|
Sept. 10, 2013 lunch buffet
Seafood bar and other major cuisine (roast beef,
marinated lamb chop) ice cream are about same as before.
March 26, 2013 lunch buffet
Hyatt is very crowded because it offers 40% off discount through an ad. in Apple Daily news.
The dishes are about the same as before, but add more seafood from
Feb. 25, 2013, lunch buffet
This is the next day of Chinese Lantern festival.
1) BBQ area provides US prime roast
beef and marinated lamb chops (I tried 2 slices, both are not tender
enough), and others like salmon coulibiac, fried small soft-shell crabs,
grilled fishes, etc.
Jan. 28, 2013, lunch buffet
1) Seafood bar provides with shell raw
oysters, you can take freely, no longer cut by chef staff, no longer too
salty. Others include Tilapia(鯛魚)、salmon (鲑)、and steam shrimps, sea scallop、crab (m sized蟹)、mussel and salad, etc.
Dec. 26, 2011, lunch buffet
Big changes in here : raw oysters are no longer served by
chef, hence, you can take as many as you like, besides, they are not
"too salty" any more. Maybe this website's complaints
work! Hyatt said oysters are imported from the US.
Feb. 26, 2011, lunch buffet
(1) Shell oysters (live/raw) taste salty, different from all other
oysters I tried in all other places like Florida, New Orleans,
Singapore, or any Taiwanese 5 star hotels I tried - Sheraton, Howard
(Taipei) or Far-eastern Plaza hotel (providing oysters about 1.5 yrs
ago). Those oysters seem that
had been sunk in salty water for quite a while. Besides, the
staff cuts the shell very slowly ( he will "brushes" the shell
cautiously & slowly if the waiting line is very short or no queue).
April 22, 2010, lunch buffet
(1) One seafood-bar chef/waiter opens (not very fast) and serves raw oyster for a waiting line. ( everyone probably can not be "greedy"?)
(2) Only one kind of Japanese raw sliced fish sashimi in seafood bar.
(3) Mutton chop is tough for elders.
(4) My uncle (senior citizen, elders near 90) went to hospital for stomach problem after having their buffet. (he is fine after having Sheraton's buffet)
(5) No coupons in Hyatt web-site.
Lunch buffet, July 24, 2008
(1) Gorgeous entrance hall.
(2) Buffet in <Cafe> room at 1st floor :
<1> Seafood bar: steam & smoke salmon, shrimp taste
great, Japanese raw fish (fresh sashimi ) only one kind, shell-oyster
very small but no
(3) Some time, you may have special coupon in Hyatt web-site (print the page from "updated news, Cafe room", Chinese edition only) to have about 1/2 or 2/3 price buffet.
|Sheraton Taipei (Taiwan)|
30, 2013, lunch
31, 2013, lunch
★ 4/9/2012 , dinner
★ 3/ 26/ 2012, dinner
(1) Only 3 (used to be 4, 5 or more) different
kinds of fresh
(raw sliced fish) Japanese sashimi.
★ 12/ 28/ 2011, dinner
The restaurant is quite full. Raw oysters are smaller than last time's.
★ 12/ 16/ 2011, lunch
Today's raw oysters are larger than those I saw in here in this year. I broke a small plate, the hotel did not ask for compensation.
★ 11/ 11/ 2011, lunch
Those so called "roast mutton", actually is roast "processed" mutton ― those meats are not simply cutting from bodies for serving.
Many tiny little pieces, taste like cracked shells, attached to "bamboo clams" (Taiwanese name : "竹蛤"), better "rinse/wash" it by free drinking water on the table before eating.
Seafood bar provides local raw oysters, bamboo clams ("竹蛤"), mussels, shrimps, and 5 types of fresh (raw sliced fish) sashimi; comparatively, the number is more than most 5 star hotel buffets.
Field snail replaced "bamboo clam", oysters are local stuffs. Only 2 kinds of ordinary Candonese Dim Sum, without expensive shrimp dumpling, etc.
lunch time 11:30 ~ 2:00pm, according to my personal experience, service is not very well.
◎ The number of Mandarin hot cuisines is not too many.
◎ Raw oysters in 5 star hotels are usually imported from Western countries or New Zealand, but at present they provide Taiwanese (PunHu) oysters.
◎ 2 brands ice creams : Movenpick: 4 kinds, Haagen-Dazs: 3 kinds, both are easy to dig, Movenpick is too soft.
◎ Service ― I am not sure if they don't welcome single man, bill was on the table 10 minutes after I took seat, that was never happened before.
ps: TV evening news <非凡新聞> 5:55pm 9/5/2011: 13% of Taiwan's all you can eat buffet restaurants (hot pot) discriminate (by price) "single persons".
★ June 20 , 2011,
★ Sept. 7 , 2010, lunch
Shell oysters (raw) and Four different kinds of fresh
(raw fish) sashimi available.
★ July 28, 2009, lunch
Quick waitress service, high-ceiling/roof dining hall looks great.
They serve Movenpick ice cream and Haagen-Dazs (but no logo/sign on the box ), and fresh (raw fish) sashimi, mussels, small field-snails, etc in seafood bar.
Roast beef fine, some of mutton chops are very juicy.
|Westin Hotel, Taipei|
★ Jan. 30, 2013, afternoon tea buffet
The most expensive 5 star buffet in Taipei: lunch or
dinner or afternoon price is more than NT1300, Westin said afternoon
tea buffet is their best ― most dedicated & delicious.
★ April 30, 2012 , lunch
1) provides "poached" oysters ― not raw
oysters, poached oysters are bit cooked and then iced by refrigerator or
etc. Customers usually can not tell the difference between
raw oysters and poached oysters, by look or by taste.
★ April 26, 2012 , lunch
B1「東西燴」buffet restaurant just renamed to be Silk Road Feast(絲路宴), the major difference from other 5 star hotel restaurants lies in:
1) high price, NT1380 ( + service charge 10% )
★ Sept. 11, 2011, lunch
Enough fresh sashimi (2 kinds of raw fishes : salmon, tuna ) , clams, shrimp, mussels, etc are supplied.
Steak, ham fine. Service great, special seat arrangements for handicap elder person in wheel-chair.
NT899 plus tax, lunch time 12:00 till 2:00pm.
★ April 21, 2009, lunch
Chocolate cake and cheese cake are great. Waitress service is excellent - special seat arrangement for elderly persons.
Roast beef's cost is more than those of many other western 5 star hotels, but tastes not very juicy ( not "bloody").
Some bottle-necks to serve fresh sashimi (raw sliced fishes), no dishes over there after 13:30 - need to ask seafood-bar chef to cut some for you. Lunch time from 12:00 till 14:00, slightly cheaper lunch price in Monday and Tuesday .
|Grand Hi-Lai Hotel , Kaohsiung city (Taiwan)|
(1) Various seafood (more choice than some Taipei's buffets)
1) Herring, Brunion, Markerel, Salmon, sailfish/blue marlin/swordfish, etc about 8 different kinds of Japanese style fresh (raw fishes) sashimi.
2) Imported big shell oysters (live/raw) about same as Shangri-la's hotel Taipei served a few years ago.
3) Crabs cooked in different ways, Japanese deep fried shrimps, etc
(2) Roast beef is not very juicy, although some part looks red.
(3) 8 kinds of Haagen-Dazs ice cream are too hard (frozen) to get/dig, only little softer than Howard Hotel Kaohsiung. 5 star hotels like Shangri-La's Taipei doesn't have this problem ― perfect soft for taste.
(4) Decoration is gorgeous, but some tables are bad surfaced.
(5) Some waitress served very quick, but some has done bad service to customers.
March 3, 2011 lunch buffet
|Ambassador Hotel , Taipei|
Oct. 1, 2013, lunch
In sea food counter, there're 4 kinds of cold dishes including
large red crabs, 4 kinds of raw fish slices cut by chef upon your request.
There're 2 brands of ice creams - Haagen-Dazs (4 kinds of ice cream) and Japan's Meiji (4 ice creams), in tea time buffet, Haagen-Dazs is not served.
Hot dishes includes ox tails, German pig feet, in tea time buffet, ox tails, steak (roast beef) are not served.
March 28, 2012, lunch:
(1) sashimi skipjack tuna (katsuwonus pelamis 鲣魚) is "half-raw" fish, which means they burn the outer-part and keep inside part raw , others like salmon are raw fishes. All sashimi raw fishes are served & cut (about 5-6 pieces per person) upon request, which is different from the way in most 5 star hotel-restaurants like Shangri-La's, Sheraton, Hyatt, Sherwood, Westin, Howard, etc. So, you probably won't see a plate with a stack of raw fishes on customer's hand .
(2) roast beef red, but not very juicy, they also have ham.
(3) hot meal includes braised stuffed goose web, roast beef short-rib (New Zealand), roast lamb with bacons (half-done, tasted good, but bacon not healthy according to medical report), roast pork knuckles (pig feet, the skin tasted good), etc.
(4) Haagen-Dazs ice cream : 4 kinds (coffee, chocolate, mango, the other one is too sweet), last time 2 of them are too hard to dig, this time OK, besides, they provide 4 kinds of Meiji ice cream, but I did not try any of them.
Nov. 7, 2011, lunch:
Japanese style sashimi raw fish skipjack tuna (katsuwonus pelamis 鲣魚) tastes very good, but salmon sashimi is not good enough, according to those pieces that I tried.
2 out of 4 kinds of Haagen-Dazs icecream/sorbet are too hard (frozen) to dig, particularly for female's muscle, in contrast, Sheraton or Shangri-La's hotel does not have this kind of problem at all, as for Grand Hi-Lai Kaohsiung, is even bit worse than Ambassador.
Japanese style deep fried shrimps still are not very hot.
T-bone steak and roast beef are well-done, so bit 'dry' ― not juicy enough, unlike those in western hotels, in there customers can select half done or well done for eating.
Not a mass of meat were found within those crabs, comparatively speaking, crabs in Sheraton's buffet dinner at Nov. 3 are better.
Some pieces of roast duck are red & juicy.
ps: (1) Ambassador's customer service is great, they kindly replied my email expressing opinions as above.
(2) By the way, I also visited my relatives eating in Ambassador Candonese restaurant in the 2nd floor, that place looks elegant.
2011- 10- 24 lunch:
Sashimi (raw sliced fishes) salad is good, roast beefs are all well done, but not taste dry.
Taiwanese style 'mutton wok' (羊肉壚) is good.
2 brands of ice cream/sorbet ( Meiji: 4 types , Haagen-Dazs: 4), berry sorbet is bit hard to dig...
fresh sashimi ― raw fishes salmon, tuna, and 鰹魚 ...... all came from local.
Japanese style deep fried shrimp is not very hot.
End of Nov. 2006 lunch:
Smaller sized buffet room, provides with usual 5 star buffet food ( salmon, beef, Japanese raw-fishes fresh sashimi , etc), and Haagen-Dazs , Japanese brand ice-cream ...
|Miramar Garden Taipei Hotel (Taiwan)|
Dec. 5, 2011 dinner buffet:
dishes are about same as before.
Nov. 28, 2011 dinner buffet:
4 kinds of fresh sashimi (raw fishes), blue marlin/sailfish, snapper, tuna,
salmon, besides, shrimps and crabs (not too massy meat).
roast beef is half-done, tender, juicy. Ice cream ― Russian character brand.
Nov. 16, 2011 dinner buffet:
Epinephelussp tastes good. Roast beef is
smaller sized, but really improved, becomes about same tender & juicy as
Mutton shank, bamboo clam with pumpkin not bad. About 4 kinds of Japanese style sashimi.
Ice cream is not same level as Haagen-Dazs etc those western 5 star hotels' stuffs.
Oct. 31, 2011 dinner buffet:
lots more customers this time, meal is not bad (although comparatively fewer, price NT780 is less than western 5 star hotels about NT890+) : 2 kinds of crabs, 3 kinds of Japanese fresh (raw fishes) sashimi, beef not bad.
June 29, 2011 dinner buffet
(1) Miramar's buffet price NT780-880 per person, I personally think it's better for me to try some 5 star hotel, like Shangri-La's special ("10 coupons") price NT770 (avg.) per person ( price refer to Apple Daily News, June 30, 2011; or to try HappyGo website).
(2) The number of different kinds of cuisine dishes/desserts in Miramar is not too many, probably about 60% (or half) of that in Sheraton, Hyatt's, Shangri-La's,...
(3) Main dishes are roast beef, Japanese style fresh sashimi. Besides, russian brand ice-creams are available......
(4) If you prefer a restaurant not too noisy, Miramar Garden is a good choice, since not many customers dining here tonight ― about 10+ tables till I left around 7:10pm.
(5) Miramar is a 4 star hotel.
|Howard Plaza Hotel, Kaohsiung city (Taiwan)|
(1) Japanese style fresh sashimi (raw fishes) almost are about empty around 13 am, they did not supplement more for customers.
(2) Most hot dishes are not hot enough around 12: 40 am when I came in.
(3) Some customer was coughing near dessert area, so I did not try those.
(4) lunch price NT550, I personally think Grand Hi-Lai hotel's buffet (NT680) is comparatively "worth the value".
(5) I feel the only great stuff is Haagen-Dazs ice cream, but too hard (too frozen) to dig, so you can't have too much. 5 star hotels like Shangri-La's Taipei doesn't have this problem ― perfect soft for taste. (test at Mar 6, 2011)
March 2, 2011 lunch buffet
|EverGreen international Hotel, Taichung (Taiwan)|
March 1, 2011, breakfast buffet
Excellent buffet, wide ranged dishes, I like those very sweet fruits, about 80% customers are western and Japanese. But lunch buffet does not serve Japanese style fresh sashimi in weekdays, so maybe try Howard Prince hotel not too far.
|Howard Prince Hotel, Taichung city (Taiwan)|
Feb. 28, 2011(NT720); March 1, 2011(weekday price NT600), lunch buffet
(1) About 4 kinds of Japanese style fresh sashimi (raw sliced fishes).
(2) Large sliced field snails in salad bar, small snails cooked in oven, both good.
(3) Watermelon very sweet. They have traditional bottled Coke (smaller sized).
|Hotel Kingdom, Kaohsiung city, Taiwan|
Breakfast buffet serves very ordinary stuffs, evening buffet just OK, not many customers. March 2, 2011
|Shangri-La's||Hyatt||Regent Formosa||Sheraton||The Westin|
large shell raw oyster(imported frmUSA)
raw shell oyster(USA);
|Haagen Dazs||Haagen Dazs, Movenpick||Tuffi Frutti (Italia)|
duck, Virginia ham
|British pork||BBQ rib mutton/lamb||better desserts|
(data: The China Times,
April 11, 2009, and add updated
info by this site)
According to TVBS (July 2009), there're 10000+ buffet restaurants in Taiwan, here're the best ones.
|Howard Plaza Hotel, Taipei main store (le louvre & rainbow)|
★ Aug. 4, 2009, lunch (Rainbow Terrance at the 1st floor)
Price is lower than Le Louvre (best buffet of Howard). Live Piano music around, Haagen-Dazs, crabs, smoked salmon, etc.
★ April 13, & June 21, 2009, lunch (Le Louvre Restaurant at the 4th floor)
Roast beef is fine, Movenpick ice cream taste great, goose-liver bit more salty, service is good.
Only 3 5-star hotels in Taipei at present provide all-you-can-eat shell raw-oysters - Howard, Hyatt, and Shangri-la's Eastern Plaza Hotel. (but, no raw oyster in Shangri-La's in this summer)
★ Feb. 23, 2009, lunch (Le Louvre Restaurant at the 4th floor)
Le Louvre buffet restaurant closes one of two halls for worse business.
The steak (roast beef) is not very tender, waitress service not very well.
Raw oysters (from US, but about half size of Shangri-La's) are all-you-can-eat this time (different from half years ago ).
★ Sept. 5, 2008. lunch (Le Louvre Restaurant at the 4th floor)
Le Louvre buffet restaurant is located in the 4th floor of Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, providing with Euro style 5 star food - they will serve a dish of raw oysters imported from USA upon your request . They serve better & more expensive food than other Howard branches.
The 1st floor restaurant provides more local-flavor buffet food, slightly cheaper price, the ice cream (Haagen-Dazs) is a better than 4th floor's Swiss ice cream.
Decoration of Le Louvre in the 4th floor room is not 5 star ranking.
|Leofoo Hotel, Taipei|
★ Oct. 9, 2013, lunch
11th Floor restaurant serves Candonese
dim sum (鳳爪、排骨、蟹燒賣) & fried dishes (五味孔雀蛤、白灼鮮南蝦、檸香日本鯖魚)All you can eat
buffet, totally about 50 choices.
★ April 9, & April 28, 2009, lunch
economic price (NT420) for Chinese/Japanese cuisine : steam crabs, Thailand chicken, Chinese Jin-sen chicken soup, Japanese fresh sashimi (raw fish) and mussel salad, Candonese dim-sum, etc
PS: no more crabs, sashimi (Japanese style raw fish) are served upon request - not all you can take on the seafood-bar table (June 17 & 25, 2009)
|Regent Formosa , Taipei, Taiwan|
<Regent Formosa Taipei> has one among largest all-you-can-eat buffet restaurants in Taiwan, so, this restaurant is comparatively more noisy.
In July 2008, <Humane Society International>, Washington D.C., USA, blamed Silk Palace of Regent (inside government area) Formosa's "Shark fin" feast. <the United News> of Taiwan reported that killing sharks is against world trend for conservation, damages under-water life environment, and cursed the way to capture the sharks is very cruel : the fishermen usually cut the shark's 4 fins, then put "useless shark" back into the sea, the wounded shark bled to die slowly.
The Regent Formosa said they will not decide what to do until receiving Taiwan government's official document. (7. 23. 2008)
The NPM asks Regent to sell The Chin-Dynasty cuisine instead. (7.24.2008)
<Apple Daily> reported at Sept 7,2008 that NPM is still providing with shark fin feast (large whole piece imported from South Africa ), this damages Taiwan's national image.
ps: (1) Apple Daily (June 17, 2011) reported : 71 out of 76
tourism hotels in Taiwan (Regent Formosa, Hyatt, Grand, HiLai) offer shark-fin
for marriage feasts.
Taiwan each year kills 920000 - 3860000 sharks for their fins.
(2) CTS Taiwan (June 16, 2011) reported top 3 hotels offer shark-fin are Grand hotel (圓山), Westin(六福皇宮) , and Sheraton (or SunWorldDynasty 王朝) hotel.
(3) Another report from internet : top 5 hotels offer shark fins are The Splendor (Kaohsiung), HiLai (Kaohsiung), Grand Hotel (Taipei), Sun World Dynasty(Taipei), Westin (Taipei) - according to the number of feast tables (customer numbers).
(4) Apple Daily News (Jan. 21, 2012) : No more shark-fin provided in 7 hotels , Chinese namely, 香格里拉台北&台南、六福皇宮、六福客棧、關西&墾丁六福莊、高雄金典、W、故宮晶華。
|Howard Plaza Hotel, Taipei, Yun-tsai rest|
Howard Plaza Hotel Yun-Tsia buffet restaurant is located in the 45th floor of Mitsukoshi Dept Store( largest mall in Japan), the 2nd tallest building in Taiwan.
The lunch price NT580 is comparative economic, you can have great view of Taipei (phone call in advance for window seat), and BBQ beef, & fish, Cantonese din-sum, Japanese food (fresh sashimi raw-fishes, fried shrimp, Mei-Ji ice cream, etc), etc.
Jan 23 & 30, 2009, lunch
|hotel royal taipei|
Hotel royal taipei is adjacent to Regent Formosa hotel of Taipei. The buffet hall is located in the 1st floor.
No raw shell-oyster, only a few kinds of Japanese fresh sashimi ( raw fishes), without salmon.
Mutton (or lamb?) ribs and BBQ beef slices not too easy to chew.
However, it's cheaper ( NT 700, about USD 23 ) than western hotels like Hyatt.
Aug 11, 2008. lunch
|Howard Plaza Hotel, Taipei (National Theater)|
Howard Plaza Hotel buffet restaurant of Memorial Hall is located in 1st floor of National Theater, Taipei, providing with 5 star food - more precisely, most of its foods are Chinese flavour, the restaurant is smaller, but full of Chinese atmosphere (more than many others) .
You can have 6 different kinds of dim-sums, tender shark fish, crab and seafood - sea-cucumber ("hai-sen" 海參).
Japanese raw sliced fishes (fresh sashimi ) only offered in dinner, no shell oysters. Dishes is not many, but price probably is the most economical (lunch NT 450, dinner NT 490) among Taipei's same ranking restaurants.
Aug 12, 2008. lunch
|Sherwood , Taipei||
|5star||Buffet hall located -1 F (basement), Sherwood Hotel
(Taipei, Taiwan) .
late June 2006: raw oysters are put in the glass, not in usual way: attached to the shell.
middle July 2006: roast beef without "blood", too well-done.
They have a few Taiwanese native flavor food.
Oct. 11, 2010 : Yesterday is our National birthday, at least 5 different kinds of (raw fishes) sashimi ( salmon, sailfish/swordfish/blue marlin, etc ), 2 types of crabs, mussels, clams, etc
( Nov. 8, 2011 )
gives penalty to those web-sites introduce restaurants incorrectly for
★★★★★ China (communist Chn.) ★★★★★★
Chinese proverb : Eating in GuangZhou (or GuangDong) ! How about buffet in GuangZhou , or GuangDong ( including GuangZhou, Zhuhai and ShenZhen )?
crocodile/alligator cuisines in China (Guangzhou city) , head was cut, mouth still was tight taped...
|GuangZhou , China z|
(1) Sheraton (廣州 喜來登 Aug. 7, 2011, lunch) : buffet price about rmb 218 per person, there're only 5 tables customers when I was there, according to the restaurant's statement, that's a result of newly opening, seafood bar is not bad, offering oysters imported from New Zealand and some other kinds, raw sashimi includes salmon imported from Norway, XiLing from Japan, etc, hot dishes are not as many as Taipei's 5 star hotels, small steak has 3 different kinds of sauces, besides, their ice cream does not mark famous brand. Waitress are attentive, but customers seem political......
Italian buffet in the 3rd floor. tel : 66688888
(2) Shangri La's (廣州 香格里拉 Aug. 2011): very expensive buffet, about rmb 288, only evening buffet offers oysters - oven baked, not raw fresh ones, ice creams are imported from Holland. tel: 89178888
ps: TLC, an US TV program, introduced (Oct. 2011)
that Guangzhou is a great food destination, including:
§ Shangri-La's hotel cuisine - Summer Palace, like worms (live to cook), frogs (taste not like chickens, just like frogs), star fish (taste like hard sands, but it's not for eating), hairy crabs ( sweeter than anything in the US) ......
§ TLC also visited most famous restaurants in Guangzhou, e.g., 金盈樓 to eat turtles (the bigger, the older, the better), 廣州酒家( most famous restaurant in Guangzhou, providing good dim-sum & traditional candonese cuisines ), 鎮海樓 - 九毛九麵館 (in largest park, offers all kinds noodles, the noodle length can be from home-base to 2nd base)
§ TLC also tried street food in the road namely, 上下九路.
(3) Hotel Landmark Canton (華廈大酒店 ) : a 4 star hotel, is providing 1/2 price all-you-can-eat buffet, with nearly rmb 60+ plus tax. The highest panoramic river view Western restaurant in Guangzhou city. (Sept. 9-12, 2008 )
Buy coupon one day earlier you get 40% off price - about RMB 102. Cold dishes include large field snail (some have sands inside), raw sashimi, mussel, etc, hot dishes change every day. (May & June 2010)
March 8, 9, 2011 : discount policy changed, lunch about rmb 120, dinner about rmb 150, they served shell oysters imported from Korea, and emerald snails (large), sashimi, ... very few customers seen when I was there, it's the highest riverview western restaurant in GuangZhou.
Aug. 2011 : special price coupon which should be bought one day earlier is higher than that in March 2011.
(4) Hong Xing, the most famous seafood restaurant (also namely Dong-Jian/East River, near ZhuJiang River ) adjacent to Hotel Landmark Canton has a popular but expensive dish, soft-shell tortoise, about rmb 200 for each. In Shenzhen seafood street (Ler-Yuan street, or goto beach), only rmb 50 for each, probably better to select a "People's choice" restaurant in that street .
May 2010 : Served dishes very slowly , some soft-shell tortoises with cheaper price.
March 2011 : tortoise price depends where it imported from, Thailand's are cheaper - around rmb 100 (rmb 94 for one 1.6斤), served very slowly. They also have crocodile/alligator, probably cook in different way from Florida's.
|Shangri-La's , ShenZhen , China s|
When Hilton Hotel Shenzhen raises its seafood-theme buffet price for each Saturday, Shangri-La's Hotel cut its sea-food buffet price for each weekend.
They offer quite cozy atmosphere, not too many customers (maybe 20s) .
You may have small-sized oysters from Dalian city, as well as big clam, crab, Japanese raw-fish ( cut from big piece of tuna ), hot eel, etc end Nov. 2006
|ZhuHai , China z|
★ GuangDong Hotel (粵海酒店)
4 star GuanDong Hotel provides with comparative "better" all-you-can-eat buffet in Zhuhai city ( no.1 clean-air city in China).
The Buffet hall is located in the very top floor, offering 360-direction version to view ZhuHai downtown.
In summer 2008, lunch buffet (special price rmb 78) only offered in Sat. and Sun., dinner buffet for every evening. phone: 0756-8888128.
Their oysters (special price lunch not included) are placed on shells, Not connect to the shell (manager said it's because they wash & clean oysters .... ). No garrantee what may happen if western people eat too many raw seafood.
May 2010 : no more cheap price, now about rmb170 each person. Some times served better stuffs, some other days are not so great.
ps: From 2006 till 2007, You can have around 40% price off after 7:45pm for each day, to enjoy seafood and some Chinese food, you can have "2 come, 1 person free" price at lunch time, but not many dishes there.
March, 2011 : about rmb140 per person
July 30, 2011 : special price about rmb 100 for lunch buffet every Saturday and Sunday, you won't see expensive evening buffet stuffs like oysters etc. "order to cook" may wait a very long time.
Aug. 10 & 11, 2011 : Nearly rmb 200 per person, seafood bar includes ivory mussel, salmon, tuna, octopus, abalone(small sized), kanpachi, yellowtail, roe of dace (GuangZou Sheraton translates it as XiLing fish) etc, but please note this hotel is not 5 star ranking status , once I called their counter but having no answer about their oysters are imported or local, not many customers when I were there at Aug. 10 and 11.
★ Yindo (銀都酒店) is most well-known 5 star hotel located in downtown center.
◎ 2011 Aug. : Saturday evening buffet was cancelled, you may leave your contact, so that Yindo can call you once buffet take place again. At present Yindo only has breakfast buffet, rmb 40-50 for Yindo customers, rmb70-80 for outsiders.
◎ 2008: price is economical , but a little bit higher than that of 2006-2007, Yindo phone: 0756- 8883388
◎ 2006- 2007 : a 5 star hotel, provides good seafood buffet at each Saturday night. I tried several times, all seafood are fresh.
★ Taiwan's <Apple Daily News> of Oct. 4, 2011 reported that some chemical elements (Cu & Cd, 銅 & 鎘) inside those oysters that local people usually eat are 740 times and 90 times over normal standard since sea pollution problem in GuangDong , experts suggest it's better to eat clam's muscle only ......
|best-buy outlet clothes Air accidents TW & Chn Seasand house McDonalds Night Markets (chi) Human Rights Taiwan post home|