◆ Country Reports on Human Rights practices, USA , 3-11-2020: Some political commentators and academics, publicly questioned the impartiality of judges and prosecutors involved in high profile, politically sensitive cases. Judicial reform advocates pressed for greater public accountability, reforms of the personnel system, and other procedural improvements ;
◆ Country Reports on Human Rights practices, USA, 3-13-2019: "justice ministry was insufficiently independent and conducted politically motivated investigations of politicians. "
◆ CTS TV news, 7-10-2019: public trust on Taiwan's judges is about 20%, only 32% are satisfied with prosecutors. The United Daily, 2-26-2019:
international fraud damaged Taiwan image ... Taiwan legal system extremely tolerant of Taiwan fraud/scammers
● quora, 4-16-2016 "Taiwan largely sees these telecom frauds/phone scammers as an asset rather than liability Taiwan's legal system is extremely tolerant of the scammers. Not matter how much money was involved in a scamming case / https://www.quora.com/Does-Taiwan-rely-on-the-fraud-industry-heavily, /4-16-2016
Taiwan's fraud network is
● RFI.fr (France) 6-7-2019: Some 94 Taiwanese who allegedly committed online and telephone fraud in Spain have been extradited to Beijing on Friday ( news 2-19-2017: Taiwan "deeply regrets" Spanish Decision to Deport around 200 Taiwanese to China in Fraud Case )
● bike-eu, (Europe)Nov. 2019: After EU Investigation investigation into various Taiwan-made labelled products including e-bikes and bicycles, Taiwan Steps Up Fight Against Fraud of Rules of Origin
Daily, 10-23-2019, editorial: Taiwanese telecom frauds run
wild the entire world to damage Taiwan's image.
United Daily News (ref. to 聯合報), Opinion, 8-2016 : Taiwan's
legislators and judicial system don't have a sense of shame on int'l
ref to United Daily News (聯合報), Opinion,
pic. : No.1 "Taiwan fraud" on US Yahoo search engine, 5-19-2020, 5-8-2020
pic. left : No.1 "Taiwan fraud" on Bing, 5-19-2020, 4-30-2020; pic. right: No.1 "Taiwan fraud" on Yahoo Taiwan, 5-19-2020, 4-28-2020
pic. left : No.1 "Taiwan fraud" on Dogpile, 4-30-2020;
pic. right : No.1 "Taiwan fraud" on Yippy (powered by IBM), 5-8-2020
pic. left : No.1 "Taiwan fraud" on AOL, 5-19-2020; pic. right : No.1 "Taiwan attempted fraud" on Bing, 4-21-2020
pic. : No.1 "Taiwan fraud" on MetaGER of Germany, 5-19-2020
pic. : No.1 "attempted fraud in Taiwan" on Dogpile , 4-22-2020
Case study: In the case below, the suspect already attempted to commit fraud, but Taiwan High Prosecutor said it's not an "attempted fraud" crime. Is the conclusion one more mistake made by Taiwan prosecutors? int'l and local experts can tell...
arguments by high court prosecutor and Taipei prosecutor
|1||The suspect (accused) returned money, therefore, it's hard to say she had any illegal intention.||
● "the suspect returned money" is because the complainant found out her intention in time , and then asked her to rewrite IOU (certificate of indebtedness), therefore later the accused has no other choice but to return money. Cambridge dictionary: "attempt" (of a crime) is someone has tried to commit without success.
|2||it's hard to say the suspect (accused) tried to have money by tricks or ruse.||
the suspect (accused) 's mother
language is English, and graduated from senior high school,
she write "brought ~ for "
instead of elementary school 3rd degree (according to US study) word "borrow ~ from"??
handwriting was not clear enough, she also used "for" not "to" usually used, because "for"
looks like "from"
more than "to". therefore she was attempting to do
that on purpose or intentionally.
● " brought $2000 for my boss" means her boss owe her money, "borrow $2000 from my boss" means she owe boss money. Looks similar on surface but on the contrary to the bone, it's a clever trick makes creditor to be debtor.
In investigation session, the
complainant said there's no difficulty in understanding that simple
English, therefore the complainant had not trapped into mistake
The suspect (accused) had no
the complainant should understand "brought $2000 for boss" means "borrow $2000 from my boss"
even on the
write on a
High Court prosecutor's arguments
|pic.: from High Court prosecutor|
Chinese version: pls. click
Many foreign laborers are potential criminals, according to UDN 2019 ! full details